Another Pinterest find and grain free loaf experiment number 2. This one so far is my favorite. I baked it longer than the original recipe said to give it a nice crust and it was perfectly crunchy. I also added about 1 TBS worth of raw honey, just because I like the flavor and touch of sweetness it adds. Another change I made was excluding the whole flaxseeds, just because I don’t care for seeds in my bread.
For the orginal recipe head over to keyingredient.com or click HERE.
Here is the recipe with my personal alterations.
Almond Meal and Flaxseed Loaf
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 & 1 TBS flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- 6 TBS meltes butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line or grease medium sized loaf pan
- Mix dry ingredients until well combined
- Blend wet ingredients until well combined
- Add 1/3 of dry to wet and mix well. Continue until all the wet and dry and well combined
- Pour mixture into loaf pan, smooth out to make sure it is distributed evenly
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and a tester comes out clean